Add this

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Internationally Known Montford Point Marine

The majority of www.Montfordpointmarinesandhonorblogsspot.com readers are from the United States. I have a loyal segment of readers from the the United Kingdom, and readers from the following countries:  Korea, Italy, France, Sweden, Hong Kong, Bulgaria, plus other countries. I informed my father, Montford Point Marine and Medal of Honor Recipient Clifford Primus, and he was amazed. He then inquired, "Is there anyone reading from Africa?"* I answered, "Not yet, Daddy, but I think I can make that happen." And my eighty- nine year old father became excited.

When I write these posts about life as a Montford Point Marine I am obviously using my dad as a Primary Source. Each day I learn something new, and he shares information with accuracy. For example, in one post I wrote about my father's boot camp swimming, test. He remembered almost drowning because the other recruits thought my dad was kidding around, due to his reputation as a jokester. The strong, one-armed swimmer from Detroit ended up saving his life, along with the swimming instructor.

Source:defensemedianetwork.com
Swimming training at Montford Point,
Camp LeJeune

The writing that I produce for this blog is done solely by myself. I do most of the editing and might have a friend check some posts and make suggestions. Since this is a historical blog, I have to take time to verify sources, and make sure that my information is easy to read, yet scholarly. I also have to be mindful of my international readers, since English is not their first language. I am also mindful of the fact that upper elementary, middle school and high school students will be using this information in their research.


Source:  www.iwu.edu


Marines, military buffs, educators, and countless others I also count as readers, My blog has been reposted on another site and views are increasing. It is my hope that in the future that I will have guest bloggers, and I will be seeking an intern to assist me. Finally, I just discovered that I have a relative that was also a Montford Point Marine. I will be telling his story as well.

Source:  www.amazon.com
Many older Marine Corps books fail  to mention
 the over twenty thousand Montford Point Marines.
The US Marine Corps has now been very instrumental in
honoring these forgotten Marines.






*Unfortunately, many Western Cultures classify Africa as if it was one country, instead of a continent with over sixty countries, ethnicities, languages, civilizations, learning centers,and metropolitan cities. It is important to be specific and not view the continent as one monolithic culture.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips