Add this

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Why Your Contribution is Vital to the Crowdrise.com Fundraiser

In order to move forward with publishing a book and doing a documentary on my father's life, it requires funding. So I am respectfully asking from both my loyal readers and new readers to contribute to my fundraising account at:

https://www.crowdrise.com/MyFathersMontfordPointMarineStory/fundraiser/desireeprimus


Corporal Clifford Primus
 Source:  Primus Family




Sometimes in life if you want something, you simply have to ask. 

Your contributions will help with book publishing costs and media equipment. As this is my first attempt at Internet fundraising, I decided to not have an exorbitant amount for this initial campaign. We will see how this goes.

I am also requesting that you share this fundraiser with friends or families that may have an interest in promoting the story about the Montford Point Marines, and anyone that was or currently in the military. Perhaps you might know of an educator or a history expert that enjoys the study of World War II or life in a segregated culture. 

Conceivably, you might be a reader from countries outside of the United States. United Kingdom, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Brazil--you have read about the Montford Point Marines or any of my other stories and were inspired to help. Some themes are universal and demonstrates our commonality as a truly global community.

Voices from underrepresented groups need to heard.  Perspectives from socially marginalized groups brings a unique viewpoint to the table and promotes diversity.

Specifically, I feel that the study of the Montford Point Marines would be a great addition to any school curriculum. Students can learn about these men who made significant sacrifices for our country. Black History Month in the month of February would have additional subject matter, as opposed to the same five people, year after year.

And last but not least, these blog entries take time to research, fact check and edit. Sometimes I wonder to myself why don't I just write about something mundane, or celebrity gossip. Who knows, I might try it. I could write a post about Blue Ivy's hair or "Top Five Fuchsia Lipsticks" in ten minutes, push the publish button and be done with it. But it would be a fleeting, short term experience and not lasting, which brings us back to the purpose of this blog: To educate the world about the Montford Point Marines.

I thank you readers for the journey and your anticipated support! A portion of the proceeds from the book will go to a Veterans organization. You are the person responsible for helping the legacy of these forgotten soldiers.

Crowdrise.com/fundraiser/myfathersmontfordmarinestory/desireeprimus





Montford Point Marines on leave, Harlem, NY,1943.
Source: archives.gov


Without looking at a previous post, can you name the photographer of this picture? Don't forget to share this information. I am hoping that you can donate to Crowdrise.com and will keep you posted.







See Also:
My Father's Story of the Montford Point Marines and the 51st Defense Battalion
A Matter of Public Discussion and Images



No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips